Tuesday, August 19, 2014

My Doctors visit yesterday.

What.. A... DAY. 
I hate how much I'm complaining about this pregnancy with the aches and pains and lack of sleep. 
So I'm going to try and channel a more positive outlook.
 It is definitely NOT that I'm not excited about the arrival of our little boy.
Because I am. 
But the whole hassle of the doctors office I go to is the problem. 
Lately I feel like its the ENTIRE problem.
But I'm pregnant and emotional so I guess its to be expected  :)
So other than this post I'm really going to try to post more HAPPIER posts. 
Because I'm a pretty positive person and I really don't like feeling down, EVER. 
So I'll just get right into it.


That is the video of yesterday! 
Everything is explained in the video but I'll do a quick overview. 
My appointment was at 1:45pm,  we ( My stepdad and I) did not get out till close to 5pm.
You all might be saying WHAT?! 
Trust me its normal there. No matter what, unless your going for  an ultrasound, takes about 4/5 hrs tops. But never less than 3. 
The reason an ultrasound is faster is because they will NOT do it in the same visit. 
You HAVE to book your ultrasound for another day. 
That is a must. Trust me I've tried to wiggle my way around it.
If you watch any of my other videos you will know the doctor I go to is an hour and a half  away. 
Since I am a Type One Diabetic, I have no choice but to go to this doctor. 
They are the only High Risk OB in my area that accepts Medicaid.
 So, with that they have decided I need to have weekly ultrasounds. 
Which was obvious because of the fact that I am such a high risk case.
Before that, I have not had an ultrasound for 6 weeks. 
The doctor I see, or saw twice, which is the most I've seen a  doctor was trying to tell me I don't need an ultrasound.
He was very condescending in most of everything he was saying to me. 
He was acting like I had no brain and said :
" I don't know if you know this, but Diabetics babies are usually bigger and ultrasounds don't really matter."
Ummm....WHAT?
Thats why they DO matter because you have to check the growth of the baby more often to see if its growing past the point he should be. 
I said this to him ( nicer of course) and he replied with :
" Well don't you just do your research" 
Like its a bad thing. 
I took such high offense to everything that came out of his mouth.
I know my body very well because of the fact I'm a diabetic and for him not to listen to me was ridiculous. 
He also asked me. 
" Do you really need insulin?"
I wanted to ask, do you really need your face? haha
 Funny now but when it was happening it was not fun. 
I feel like when you go to the doctor your concerns should be listened to and there should be a communication between you and your doctor.
Definitely not one sided. 
Anyway, I have my ultrasound tomorrow!
Get ready for some pictures people. 

<3 Molly 



No comments:

Post a Comment